This recipe is simple, but gives some variety.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 1 can (240g) chickpeas, drained
- 1 can (400g) diced tomatoes, with juices
- 2 potatoes, diced ~1cm
- 1 med green capsicum, diced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder (I use Vegeta)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- par boil potatoes; I use a deep microwave safe dish, cover potatoes with water, and cook on high for 10 minutes.
- in a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat,
- add onion and capsicum; fry until soft
- add tomatoes; stir and allow to heat
- add garlic, curry powder, and vegetable stock powder; stir through
- add chickpeas and potatoes
- stir and allow to simmer for ~10 minutes
Serve on steamed basmati or jasmine rice.