Adapted from a very simple, albeit a little bland, recipe I found online.
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 l water
- 1 large can (800g) diced tomato, with juices
- 1 med green capsicum, diced
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Bring the water the the boil in a large pot
- Simmer lentils for ~20 minutes (until soft), then drain.
- In a skillet on medium heat, fry onion and capsicum until soft
- Add garlic, paprika, and oregan; stir until aromatic
- Add tomato and paste; stir through
- Add lentils, and mix
- Allow to simmer and reduce for ~20 to 25 minutes
Serve on fresh white rice or pasta.